Topics Map > Accounting
System Government Costing - SERFS Combined Running the Webi Report
To complete the Service Activity Rate Calculation Template(s) you will need a variety of financial data for the last completed fiscal year. The SERFS Combined Webi report can help you pull Salaries and Wages, Expenditures, Revenue, Fund Balance & Sponsored Project data all in a single report. The SERFS Combined report pulls the same data as the individual SGC (System Gov. Costing) Expenditure, Salaries and Fund Balance reports, but compiles them into a single workbook with separate tabs.
Note: In order to run Webi reports, users must have the latest version of Web Intelligence Rich Client installed on their computer. Updates and installation guides can be found through the aits.uillnois.edu. Alternatively, users can access this report via the web browser based EDDIE system that is available through the OBFS website.
To run the SERFS combined report:
- Go to the Service Activities Resource Page.
- Click the Business Objects Webi Report Templates section to expand the drop-down menu.
- Click SERFS Combined (Webi).
- Select the Open option in your file explorer to open the report.
- When prompted Login with your user name (Net ID and University Password). You must be on VPN if logging from a device not on the University Network.
- You should be redirected to a blank tab in the report. If not, select the SA_SERFS_Salaries, Expenditures, Revenue, Fund Bal, and Sponsored Proj_Aug2022 report from Open Documents, or Recent Documents in the SAP Business Objects main menu.
- Once the blank report is open, click the Refresh (circular arrow icon) under Query.
- Click Enter Fund Code on the left side of the Prompts window that opens.
- Type the 6 digit Fund Code in the "Search or enter values(s) manually" box. Confirm you input by clicking the (+) button. Your entry will populate in the Selected Values section of the window.
- Click Enter COA on the left side of the Prompts window.
- Type the single digit COA in the "Search or enter values(s) manually" box. Confirm you input by clicking the (+) button. Your entry will populate in the Selected Values section of the window.
- Click Enter Fiscal year on the left side of the Prompts window
- Type the 4 digit Fiscal Year in the "Search or enter values(s) manually" box. Confirm you input by clicking the (+) button. Your entry will populate in the Selected Values section of the window
- Click the Run button.
NOTE: The report may not refresh immediately based on the amount of information and connection speed.
- To export the data to Excel, click the down arrow icon (Export) in the File section of the top ribbon.
- Use the check boxes to select which pages of the report you want to export as tabs in an Excel workbook (or click "All Reports" to select all).
- Click Export.
- Select a destination to save on your computer or network.
- Name your report in the File Name field. For example, a helpful practice is to add the fund number and fiscal year to the file name.
- Select Excel for Save as Type, and click Save.
- Refer to the SERFS Combined report Populating the Service Activity Rate Template job aid to populate the template with the this combined financial information.