Topics Map > Purchasing > Receiving
Purchasing - Basic Receiving
Purchasing - Basic Receiving
- Type FPARCVD in the Search field and click Go to open the Receiving Goods Form
- Type NEXT in the Receiver Document Code field.
If you have an “in process” receiving document number, enter the number in this field.
OPTIONAL – To select receiving method: Double-click in the Receiving Method field to open the
- Receiving Method List window and select a method
NOTE: To select an item from the Receiving Method List, double-click the item or click to highlight it, and then click the OK button.
- OPTIONAL – To select a carrier, type the carrier’s number (e.g.,@00499294) in the Carrier field and press TAB or click the Search button and double-click the carrier from the list.
- OPTIONAL – To enter Receiving Text: Click Related and select View Receiving Text (FOATEXT). Enter the text, then click the Save and Close buttons
- Today’s date defaults in the Date Received field. To select another date, click the Calendar button and click on a date in the displayed calendar.
- Click the Next Section button to advance to the Packing Slip section.
- Enter a Packing Slip number (required) for the shipment received or click the Search button and double-click on a number from the list.
NOTE: If you do not have an actual packing slip number, use an internal number (e.g., your initials and today’s date.)
- OPTIONAL – Enter a Bill of Lading (optional) number for the shipment received.
- Click the Next Section button to advance to the Purchase Order section.
- Enter the PO number in the Purchase Order field and press TAB to populate the Buyer and Vendor fields.
NOTE: Make a note of the new number in the Receiver Document Code field at the top of the form (e.g., Y0015416).
- Select from the Tools menu:
Select Purchase Order Items (FPCRCVP), if there is more than one item on the PO or you only want to receive a partial shipment. The Receiving Goods PO Item Selection form will open.
- Select Add Item for each item you need to receive.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Exit button.
- Click the Yes button to close the form.
Receive All Purchase Order Items, if this will be the only receipt on the PO.
NOTE: This selection will auto- populate the Final Received check box and the total quantity ordered for each commodity line.
- Click the Next Section button to advance to the Commodity section.
- OPTIONAL – Enter an FOB: Press F9 to open the FOB Code List, if needed.
NOTE: To select an item from the FOB Code List, double- click the item or click to highlight it, and then click the OK button.
- Verify the Final Received box.
NOTE: This field was auto-checked if you selected the Receive All Purchase Order Items option. Final Received is per commodity line item, not for the entire PO. The received item is marked with a Final Received indicator and carries over to the invoice process.
NOTE: Check Final Received only if this is the last receipt for this commodity.
- Enter the quantity received in the Received: Current field and press TAB.
- Enter the unit of measure in the U/M field if it does not auto-populate.
- Click the Next Section button to advance to the Completion block.
- Click the Complete button to complete the receiving document.
NOTE: Click the In-Process button only if you need to return to this receiving document at a later time to complete it.
- Click the Close button to return to the main menu.