Topics Map > Accounting > Equipment Management
UAFR - Requesting FABweb Access
Requesting FABweb Access
If you do not have access to FABweb, follow these steps to request access.
- Open a web browser (such as Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and go to the following address: https://fabweb.uillinois.edu/dsp_AuthInfo.cfm
- Type your ID and Password in the appropriate fields.
- Click the Login button. The FABweb Request Authorization window will display. (see Figure 1 below)
- Complete all fields of the form, including your six-digit department Organization code. Note that you can fill out a request for yourself or for someone else.
- Click the Continue button.
- If successful, the Request Authorization window will show a message stating that further instructions will be sent to the e-mail address given. (see Figure 2 on the next page) Follow the directions in the email. The user will receive notification
Figure 1: Request Authorization window
Figure 2: Request Sent window
Once you have access to FABweb, you will be able to view and update equipment records for the Chart and Organization code(s) for which you have security access. You will also be able to initiate or approve transfer requests and disposal requests for your Chart and Organization.