University Portal - Problems/Questions/Website
For any issues with the "my" portal systems including bad or broken links, see the support resources below.
Help and Support
The help desks at each campus provide primary support for their respective portals: basic usage and functionality, identity management, content - all first-tier support is handled at the campus level.
- my.UIC support: go to https://myuic.apps.uillinois.edu and click the Support/Help link in the Resources section
- my.UIS support: visit http://www.uis.edu/its/techsupport/
- my.Illinois support: visit http://techservices.illinois.edu/get-help
Description of the Portals
The portals are distinct - each campus has their own look and feel, content, identity management, and structure, but the underlying technology is all based on uPortal. The portals are personalized based on roles such as faculty, staff, student, college, etc., to provide users with targeted content. The portals are also customizable, so that users can build pages, add content, change layouts and themes. In addition, the portal provides trusted authentication to several other applications such as UI-Integrate Self-Service, degree audits (DARS), and more. For a good video overview of my.UIS click here.
Tutorials & user Documentation
- UIC: About my.UIC, Online Learning Hub, PDF tutorial
- Illinois: Using my.Illinois.edu, Top Features
- Usage statistics
There have been a small population of students using the UIC portal that when they click on some of the links in the portal, they do not go anywhere. This was because the students had not set up their security questions yet. To set up your security questions:
So to take care of the problem, we need to have the student:
- Go to the Enterprise Applications website.
- Click on Student and Faculty Self-Service and the Campus and Log On.
- It will then prompt them to set their security questions. Once these are set up, the problem should be fixed. If not, please send on a ticket.