Business Objects - Sending Web Intelligence Rich Client Report Through Email
How to send a report by email using the Send by Mail envelope icon within Web Intelligence Rich Client.
Web Intelligence Rich Client offers the option to send a document by email attachment using the Send by Mail envelope icon located on the File menu bar. This feature allows you to send the Web Intelligence document (.WID), or you can send the report(s) as Excel, PDF, CSV, or TXT. When using this feature to send as a Web Intelligence Document (.WID), the document will appear to work, but on the receiving end, the document will be quarantined, and appear as a TXT file. The .WID files sent using this feature are being stripped due to university email policies.
There are several work-arounds for this issue that will allow you to share .WID files with other users:
1. Create a new email message in Outlook and attach the file from the Outlook message.
2. Save the file to EDDIE and use the SEND TO USER option in EDDIE. (see below)
3. Upload the Report to BOX and share the BOX link.
4. If you use Skype, you can attach the file in a Skype IM.
Note: You can still use the Send by Mail feature to send the reports as Excel, PDF, CSV, and TXT files.
Saving a Document to EDDIE
The Save to Enterprise feature allows you to save a copy of your document to the BI Launch Pad (EDDIE).
- From the File tab, select the save drop-down menu
- Click Save to Enterprise
- Select your My Favorites folder
- Click Save
Sending a Document using the EDDIE Inbox
- Login to EDDIE (https://eddie.ds.uillinois.edu/)
- Click on the Documents tab to locate the document to send.
- Select the document, then click Send > BI Inbox. (Or Right-click on the document and select Send > BI Inbox)
4. Enter the Business Objects user name in the Find Title box and click the Search binoculars.
5. Select the user from the search results and click the > arrow to move them into the selected Recipients box.
6. To search for another user, click on the User List option, then repeat the above steps
7. Click Send