Topics Map > Computer Operations Engineering > Service Desk
CA Service Desk Manager - Closing a Ticket
This training was designed for customer service analysts and will describe the functions required to perform the role of an analyst working with the Service Desk product to close tickets.
Closing a Ticket
Once the issue has been resolved, the ticket may be closed. To close a ticket:
1. View the ticket.
2. From the Ticket Detail window, select Activities, then Update Status.
A Status Change Request window will open.
3. Use the dropdown under New Status to choose Closed from the list of provided statuses.
4. Enter the steps taken to resolve the issue in the User Description field.
5. Click Save to save your changes and return to the ticket.
Tip: You can also select Edit, then use the dropdown under New Status to choose Closed from the list of provided statuses and click Save.
Exercise: Closing TicketsPerform the following activities in the ticket you have opened from your queue:
1. Update the status of the ticket to Closed.
2. Log a comment into the User Description field that states you have resolved the issue stated in the ticket.
3. Save the changes and close the window