Topics Map > Computer Operations Engineering > Service Desk
Topics Map > CA Service Desk Manager > Training for Analysts
CA Service Desk Manager - Logging Comments in Tickets
This training was designed for customer service analysts and will describe the functions required to perform the role of an analyst working with the Service Desk product to log comments.
Logging comments will log text in the ticket and provides a way for you to include notes in the ticket. To log comments:
2. From the Ticket Detail window, select Activities, then Log Comment.
A New Activity window will open.
3. Type your information into the User Descriptions field.
4. Click the Save button to save your changes and return to the ticket.
The activity is added to the Activities Tab and the status is changed to “Work in Progress”.
Tip: There is a 4000-character limit for the 'Log Comments' field.
Tip: If you would like to keep the comments you entered private from non-analysts, select the Internal checkbox.
Logging a Callback
You can record the event of a callback to an end-user within the ticket. To record this update:
Tip: If you would like to keep the call back entered private from non-analysts, select the Internal checkbox. This will now show a sunglasses icon in the Activities tab to denote the callback is private.
2. From the Ticket Detail window, select Activities, then Callback.
A New Activity window will open in a separate window.
3. Change the Date of Activity field to the date the callback occurred by entering into the field or selecting the Date of Activity hyperlink to open a calendar to select a date and time.
4. Click Save to save your changes and return to the ticket.
The activity is added to the Activities Tab.
Tip: Callbacks scheduled for a future time will show up in your scoreboard and are visible to you and your group(s).
Exercise: Including Activity in Tickets
Perform the following activities in the ticket you have opened from your queue:
1. Change the status of the ticket to Awaiting Information.
2. Log a comment into the ticket that states you attempted to contact the user and were unsuccessful.
3. Record the planned event of a callback to an end-user within the ticket for tomorrow at 2 pm. Make this activity private from non-analysts.
4. You may change and add additional activity for practice.