Topics Map > Banner > Connectivity
JNLP - How to Launch Banner Forms (Mac) (Firefox)
Would you like to know how to use a Firefox browser to run Banner forms in macOSX?
Use this link below and watch this video to learn how to run Banner Forms in a Firefox browser on your macOSX computer using JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol).
- Latest version of Firefox browser or Firefox latest ESR version
- Latest version of Java 8 for macOSX
Steps to use JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol) with Firefox browser on macOSX:
- Use link (Banner Forms Link using JNLP) to login to Banner Forms.
- A message appears. "You have chosen to open: uofi_banner.jnlp. Would you like to save this file?"
Click Save File.
- A downloaded file called uofi_banner.jnlp is send to your download folder (blue arrow in upper right hand corner of the Firefox browser).
Click Blue down arrow.
- A popup appears with "uofi_banner.jnlp" listed.
Double click file name to open it.
- Another popup appears. "'uofi_banner.jnlp' is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?"
- Depending on your Java settings a Security prompt may appear.
Check the box to suppress this message for future connections and click OK to continue.
- Banner Forms will open.
You may close the Firefox browser if needed, the Java form will continue to display until closed.
NOTE: Users may see many files in their download folder from previous logins to Banner and may need to clean out their folder from older file downloads. Opening older files will not open Banner Forms as the credentials for these files will expire.