Topics Map > Banner > Connectivity
JNLP - How to Launch Banner Forms (Windows) (Microsoft Edge)
Would you like to know how to use the Microsoft Edge browser to run Banner forms in Windows?
Use this link below and watch this video to learn how to run Banner Forms in a Microsoft Edge browser on your Windows computer using JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol).
- Latest version of Microsoft Edge browser
- Latest version of Java 8 for Windows
Steps to use JNLP (Java Network Launch Protocol) with Microsoft Edge browser on Windows:
- Use link (Banner Forms Link using JNLP) to login to Banner Forms.
- Message appears: "uofi_banner.jnlp finished downloading."
- Depending on your Java settings a Security prompt may appear.
Check the box to suppress this message for future connections and click OK to continue.
- A downloaded file called uofi_banner.jnlp will download to your C:\downloads folder.
- Banner Forms will open.
You may close the Microsoft Edge browser if needed, the Java form will continue to display until closed.
NOTE: Users may see many files in their download folder from previous logins to Banner and may need to clean out their folder from older file downloads. Opening older files will not open Banner Forms as the credentials for these files will expire.