Topics Map > Security > Account Administration > NetID Activation
What is the difference between a NetID and an Enterprise ID?
Authentication using either your NetID or EnterpriseID based on the campus service.
A NetID and an EnterpriseID are similar and for most people their NetID (for example: adabyron) is the same as their EnterpriseID (adabyron). However, the two passwords associated with them are independent. Some services accept authentication using either a NetID or an EnterpriseID.
- UIC and U of I web applications
- my.uic.edu Portal services
- Establishing an Enterprise ID
- Blackboard Learn
- UIC-WiFi internet, email, public computers, and other services
- Student and Faculty Self-Service (student registration, records, financial aid and accounts services; faculty teaching and advising services)
- Employee Self Service (access timesheets as well as your personal employment and benefits information)
- Administration Applications (access to UI-Integrate/Banner and related University business, HR, and financial applications)
- Enterprise Authentication Service (A single sign-on authentication and session management service offered by AITS for many of the University's enterprise systems)