Topics Map > Teaching & Learning
Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Blackboard Collaborate
Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Webex Meetings
Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Google Meet
Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Zoom
How do I use the Elmo USB document camera with my computer?
Steps on how to use and connect the Elmo external document camera with your computer.
Remove the camera from the box and unfold it as follows:
- Raise the camera head as indicated by the rightward pointing arrow and while holding down the base.
- Raise the upper arm in an upward direction as indicated by the upward pointing arrow next to STEP2.
- Set the camera head horizontally.
- Rotate the camera angle to your desired angle.
- Connect the camera to your computer using the provided USB cable.
The Elmo OX-1 document camera can be used to connect to conferencing software like Blackboard Collaborate, Zoom, or other similar software. You just need to make sure to select "OX-1" as your camera within the specific software you're using to conduct your classes. Additionally, the OX-1 has a built-in microphone that can also be used with conferencing software.
Disabling Mirroring Feature
If you notice the camera displaying your text in reverse or with a mirror effect, there's some steps you can take depending on the software you're using.
Please note: participants and recordings will view/display your camera normally. You only need to open the second window as described in the link if you'd like to be able to monitor the camera so you can see exactly what your participants and recordings are viewing.
- Go to Video
- My Video
- Uncheck "Mirror my video"