Topics Map > Computing Services > Endpoint Management
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Cloud Computing
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Environments > Computer Labs
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Environments > Virtual Computer Lab
How do I connect to the Virtual Computer Lab using a PC?
Download and install the client from the provided links. When prompted, subscribe to https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com to access the WVD. Double click on a resource to connect.
NOTE: Windows Virtual Desktop doesn't support the RemoteApp and Desktop Connections (RADC) client, the Remote Desktop Connection (MSTSC) client, or the Remote Desktop client from the Windows Store.
Install the Windows Desktop client
1. Choose the client that matches your version of Windows:
- Windows 64-bit (You'll likely want this one or the one immediately below)
- Windows 32-bit
- Windows ARM64
Once installed, the client can be launched from the Start menu by searching for Remote Desktop.
2. Double click on the file to start installation
NOTE: Click "OK" if you see the following screen
3. Click "Next"
4, Accept the license agreement and click "Next"
5. Choose to install for either only yourself or all users of this machine.
NOTE: To install for all users, you must have admin access on this device. If prompted to allow changes to this machine, click yes,
6. Click "Finish"
Subscribe to a Workspace
1. Run the client
2. Click "Subscribe with URL"
3. Enter "https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com" and click "Next"
4. If prompted enter your UIC email address.
5. Enter your UIC email address and ACCC common password.
Using Windows Virtual Desktop
1. Start the Client
2. Double Click on the resource you'd like to access
3. Enter your ACCC common password. The username field should be populated with your email address.