How do I request a UIC department branded course welcome page?
As UIC moves instruction further into online means, colleges have requested consistency in addition to department level branding to help students navigate courses easily, access college resources quickly, and help students feel part of a community.
Courses are created as empty shells in Blackboard. Instructors create content for courses, but some content, such as previous semester course or specific department-approved elements can be copied into a current course.
Course Welcome Page
A Blackboard course can include a department welcome page with graphical elements and links to useful resources as well as other course elements that keep the course branded and stylized to other courses in that department. Not all departments have a welcome page with department elements, and the course instructor has to approve such action in their own course. Course welcome page example:
- In the CourseID of Blackboard course site to be copied (source) write the department/college or UIC general welcome page. If you teach in LAS, you'll use: site.cont.2020.LAS.welcome
- The destination will be the course you would like the welcome page to appear (i.e., your current course).
- Change the Course Entry Point in your course: answers.uillinois.edu/uic/75826
- Course Home Page help: help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Course_Content/Create_Content/Create_Course_Materials/Add_Course_Module_Pages
- Course Menu Links: help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Getting_Started/Navigate_Inside_a_Course#course-menu_OTP-2