Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Media Streaming > Panopto
How do download Panopto Video's to save for later?
Instructors are able to download their recorded Panopto session video's to their hard drive by following the process in this article.
1. Click on the Panopto Video link in the left hand menu in the desired Blackboard course.
2. Find the video from the list that you want to download.
3. Click on the Share button that appears when you move the cursor below the video title.
4. Find Outputs in the left hand menu that appears in the Share window and click on it.
5. Scroll down to find the Video Podcast display.
6. Pick the Type of display you want for the downloaded video.
7. Select the display size of the downloaded video using the Quality pop up.
For reference, a lower quality number will save a lower data size video. (Note:576 is normally only used with PAL video equipment)
These are the resolution and bitrate sizes for the Quality choices:
- 576p (1024x576, 0.59 megapixels, "PAL widescreen")
- 720p (1280x720, 0.92 megapixels, "HD")
- 1080p (1920x1080, 2.07 megapixels, "Full HD")
8. Click the Download Podcast link to the right of the displayed picture.
9. The video will be downloaded to your local downloads folder on your computer.