Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Management System > Blackboard Learn
How do I add my profile picture in Blackboard?
You can change your profile picture on the Personalize My Settings page
A profile isn't the same as your user account. A user account is your student registration information at your institution. If allowed, you can edit your personal information to edit your user account information.
A profile shows how you want to present yourself to your peers, classmates, and instructors. In your Blackboard profile, you decide what you want to be called, share your academic interests, and more.
Add a profile picture
If allowed, you can upload a profile picture that appears throughout the system and within the greater Blackboard academic network.
Your personal image appears in the page header, people tool, blogs, journals, discussions, wikis, and roster. Your profile picture also appears in the notifications modules, such as What's New. The modules may appear on the My Institution tab or on a course's home page.
The image you upload to your profile page overwrites any other profile images you have with your user account.
Images must be less than 5 MB and at least 50 x 50 pixels in dimension. Acceptable file formats include GIF, PNG, and JPEG.
In the list where your name appears, select your name to access your profile. Your profile appears with some information, and you can't delete your profile. Your institution decides what you can customize.
- Profile picture: Upload a picture to replace the generic silhouette.
- Basic Information: Update your personal information.
- Password: Change your system password.
- Global Notification Settings: Set up notifications for course activities.
- Cloud Storage Accounts: Access your files in cloud storage.
Upload a profile picture
You can store one image file in your profile. Others see your picture in messages, discussions, conversations, groups, and course rosters.
- Point to the generic silhouette or your picture and select the pencil icon to upload, change, or remove an image.
- In the panel, select Upload new profile picture to browse for your picture on your computer. Or, you can drag a file to the Upload area.
- Your image is saved automatically. Close the panel to return to your profile.
Remove or replace your profile picture: Upload or drag in another image. To return to the generic silhouette, select the Delete this picture icon to delete your existing image file.
Edit your info and preferences
Your profile is the place to edit the information attached to your persona.
- Point to a detail such as Full Name and select the pencil icon.
- In the panel, make changes and select Done.
Watch a video about editing your profile
The following narrated video provides a visual and auditory representation of some of the information included on this page. For a detailed description of what is portrayed in the video, open the video on YouTube, navigate to More actions, and select Open transcript.
Video: Edit your profile shows how to edit information attached to your profile and add a profile picture.