How can I update my Emergency Email from a Satellite Campus?
Template to use once a satellite campus emergency email is updated per the request of the user's Phonebook Contact.
Please follow these instructions to reset your password:
1. Visit: https://accountportal.uic.edu/token/manage?dispatch=cr_panel and scroll to the bottom of the page.
2. Type your NetID in the box next to: Use Emergency Email
3. Click on the button: Use Emergency Email
An email with a time-sensitive link for resetting the password will be
sent to the non-UIC email address that you provided. To ensure timely
delivery of the message, please add email@example.com to your email
whitelist or address book (for web-based email providers such as gmail.com).
If you do not receive the rescue email within 24 hours make sure you have
checked your spam folder and whitelist for: firstname.lastname@example.org, please reply
to this message.
You will then be directed to update your recovery options. Once your recover options are updated, follow these directions to create a new password:
1. Go to this link: identity.uillinois.edu
2. Click on: I forgot my password
3. Enter your NetID (DO NOT include, '@uic.edu')
4. Click on: Enter
5. Choose a recovery option and follow the prompts
Once your password is successfully reset. Visit these links to learn how to update your password reset and recovery options:
It is recommended that you regularly review and update/add recovery options as needed. This will ensure the quickest and most convenient method to recover your password if you should need it in the future.