Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Cisco WebEx Meetings
How to host an audio-only Webex meeting
This article details: 1. How to set up your personal conferencing account, and 2. How to start the audio-only Webex meeting.
If you are using audio-only conferencing, creating a personal conferencing number will be extremely helpful for scheduling and/or delegating hosted meetings.You can create and store up to three Personal Conference number accounts. When scheduling a Personal Conference meeting, select one of your Personal Conference number accounts to use for the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting. You can also use your Personal Conference number account to start an instant audio conference from any phone without scheduling it first. For each account, you can generate host and attendee access codes.
Your Personal Conference number account also specifies the host access code that you want to use to start the audio portion of the Personal Conference meeting, and the attendee access codes that attendees can use to join the audio portion of the meeting.
You can delete a Personal Conference account at any time.
To set up your personal conferencing account:
1. Login to your account: uichicago.webex.com
2. Go to My Webex > Preferences in the Classic View (Modern View is the default).
3. Next to the Audio section, select Set up.
4. Under Personal Conferencing, select Generate account.
You can create up to three Personal Conferencing accounts. Personal Conferencing accounts include a host access code that is used to start the audio portion of a Personal Conference meeting. They also include an attendee access code so others can join. Select one of your Personal Conferencing accounts when scheduling a Personal Conference meeting. You can also use one of these accounts to start an instant Personal Conference meeting from any phone, without first scheduling it.
You can delete a Personal Conferencing account at any time.
5. Select Save.
To start the audio-only Webex meeting:
Audio Only meetings do not start automatically at scheduled times. You must start the audio portion of the meeting by calling the Personal Conference Number. Note: You can also add an online portion afterward if there will be people that will be joining online.
- Share the Personal Conference Number and Attendee access code prior to your meeting. Note: this will need to be shared manually since using the Meeting Invite tool or MS Outlook's plugin will only generate details for an online meeting.
- Start the audio-only meeting by calling the Personal Conference Number that is generated for you (see example in picture above).
- Enter your access code
- Host: Enter the host access code followed by #. You will then be prompted to add your pin (this is located right above the Personal Conference Meeting information on uichicago.webex.com).
- Attendee: Enter the attendee access code followed by #. You will be asked if you are the host. Hit # to proceed to the meeting. If the host has not yet arrived, you will be asked to hold until the host begins the meeting.