Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Media Streaming
How to obtain a YouTube account using your UIC netID
Register for a YouTube account using your UIC netID. Logging into YouTube with your UIC credentials will ensure that your information is in compliance with university privacy policies and that your videos remain secure.
1. Navigate to www.youtube.com in your browser.
2. Once on the YouTube home page,
click on the Sign In button at the top right corner of
Note: UIC uses Google Apps. YouTube is part of the
Google Apps bundle for UIC users.
3. Enter your "Full UIC email address": netID@uic.edu.
4. Click Next once you enter your full UIC email address.
5. You should then see your familiar campus Shibboleth login page. Enter your "University netID and password", as usual. Click Login.
6. Once signed in, your YouTube channel will be active
and available for your use.
7. Click Upload to upload a video to YouTube.
8. Note: If you have never uploaded a video, this
notification will pop up when uploading your first
Set a username and select your gender. Then, click
OK, I’m ready to upload.