Topics Map > Computing Services
Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Cloud Storage > OneDrive
How do I use Versioning in OneDrive?
Versioning in OneDrive can be enabled by performing the following steps.
If you plan to make heavy use of the collaborative features of your OneDrive for Business library, you should enable the versioning feature. Versioning allows you to:
- Track history of a version, such as when it was changed and by whom.
- Restore a previous version.
- View a previous version so that you can compare it with another version.
1. After logging into UIC's OneDrive by going to http://onedrive.uic.edu, Next, you'll need to click on "Return to Classic One Drive" on the lower left hand corner of the page.
2. Once in the new interface you'd need to click on the "GEAR" icon to the left og your name in the top right hand corner of the page. Next click on the "Ribbon" section and turn it "ON".
3. Next click on "Library" in the top left hand side of the page.
4. Click on "Library Settings" on the right in the "Settings" subsection.
5. Click on "Versioning Settings" under "General Settings".
6. These are the recommended Versioning Settings, but feel free to tweak these to your needs.
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the OK button to enable this selection.
When versioning has been enabled, you will be able to see as far as ten versions back of a document.
1. Select a file in the document library so that a check mark appears to the left of the document name.
2. Click on the three "dots" at the top and select version history.
4. A Version History dialog box appears that looks like the following:
5. When you click on the three dots after the "modified date" column, you’ll get a pull-down that offers you the choice to View, Restore, or Delete the document.