How do I activate my UIC NetID?
Explains how new students/faculty can activate their NetIDs
To access many authenticated university services and create accounts, new students, faculty and staff must first activate their UIC NetID. The following information is required to complete the activation:
- University Identification Number (UIN)
- Activation Token (sent to admitted students and provided to departmentally-sponsored affiliates)
If you have this information, you can activate your UIC NetID now. During the activation process you will have the opportunity to:
- register for UIC Alert, an optional free emergency notification system
- set your password, used to access many Technology Solutions services as well as most authenticated University of Illinois computing and networking services
- register password recovery options for self-service management of your password
- set the forwarding of your NetID@uic.edu email address
- create accounts to enable access to additional services
If you encounter problems activating your UIC NetID, please contact one of the C-Stop locations for assistance. You will need to provide your full name and your University Identification Number (UIN) and the error you received when attempting to activate your UIC NetID.