How do I add students to a Blackboard Learn course site?
Students registered for classes at UIC, and instructors of record in Banner, are automatically enrolled into CRN course sites. For non-CRN course sites, you can manually enroll the students by following the instructions below and shown in the video.
Follow the same process to add other instructors, Teaching Assistants, or course builders to any course you are listed as instructor.
- Access the course site that you wish to add the student to.
- In the bottom-left, click on Users and Groups, then select Users.
- On the Users page, click on Find Users to Enroll. This will take you to the Add Enrollments page.
- In the Username field, type the student's NetID (UIC email minus the @uic.edu).
- Under the Role field, select the desired role (default is Student)
- Make sure Enrollment Availability is set to Yes.
- Click Submit.