Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Management System > Blackboard Learn
What should I do if Pearson MyLab doesn't work in Blackboard?
Integration with Pearson can range from a link to pearson.com in a course, to a single sign-on via LTI in Blackboard, and to full gradebook synchronization with deep content links.
The vendor provides a status page, which provides a way to verify if the vendor is aware of downtime. It is possible that an outage may affect UIC and it is not noted on the status site. https://status.pearson.com/#/MyITLab/Last_24_hrs
Top workarounds and things to try:
- Switch to a different browser. If you're using Chrome, try Firefox. If you're using Edge, try Chrome. This will open a new session to servers, which can be helpful.
- Check if the Pearson activity wasn't blocked by your browser. Learn about pop-ups for Chrome, Firefox, and others. https://support.pearson.com/getsupport/s/article/Pop-Up-Blockers
- Follow this troubleshooting wizard to learn about recommended settings in your browser and identify issues. Use the interactive help system.
- Try using a Private Session in your browser. This will remove cookies and cache for your session and may address some issues.
- Restart your computer. This will help you reset your WIFI, clear RAM, and mitigate any software glitches.
- Contact Pearson support with questions or help requests. Call over the phone to speak with a person 24/7: 1-800-677-6337. Use web based support system: Pearson Support. Both students and faculty can use the 24/7 phone support system: 1-800-677-6337
In case of a confirmed outage, a notification in Blackboard should be posted for students and faculty. When Pearson site is down students are unable to complete their homework. Most of the time, faculty recommend completing homework well in advance of the due date, because various technical difficulties at home or at vendor site, such as Pearson, can prevent last minute homework completion.
When the system is back up the notification should be removed from the Blackboard site. The following note should be posted for the next 24 hours:
The Pearson system is now available after a temporary outage. If you are using automatic grade synchronization you may want to refresh one or all grades to make sure there are no missing grade changes in your Blackboard grade center. Visit Pearson; Blackboard Learn integration for MyLab Marketing for more information.