Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Productivity Software
How do I activate Microsoft Office on my Mac?
On occasion, after installing Outlook, you may be prompted to activate your license. However, after clicking "activate" and logging in with your NetID/Technology Solutions common password, nothing appears to happen.
NOTE: Be sure that your system is configured to synchronize the system clock with time.apple.com
- Run the License Removal Tool
- In Spotlight Search (the magnifying glass) on your Mac, search for and open Keychain Access.
- In Keychain Access, delete the following files:
- Microsoft Office Identities Cache 3
- Microsoft Office Identities Settings 3
- Microsoft Office Ticket Cache
Can't activate Office after installation.
to make sure your internet is working on the Mac you're trying to
install on. You can do this by opening your internet browser and going
to www.microsoft.com. If the page loads, your internet connection is
- Reset your credentials:
3. Test your user account to rule out local profile corruption.
- Open Spotlight by selecting the magnifying glass at the top right of your desktop.
- Search for and open Keychain.
- Type in Office and then delete the data license file.
- Download and run this script.