Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Equipment Lending
How can an instructor reserve equipment for in-class use?
Reservations for faculty require 2 business days notice.
Some classroom equipment requires a reservation to be submitted. Equipment includes:
- Video cameras
- Portable projectors
Additionally, the equipment listed above also requires a CFOAP number to be submitted. There is no charge for equipment use in a classroom, but we do need the number in case there's any damage to equipment.
Equipment not listed above does not require a reservation but one can be submitted.
Please follow the steps below to submit a reservation:
- Visit webcheckout.uic.edu on your browser.
- Log in using your netid and common password.
- After logging in you'll be taken to the Checkout Center Portal. For classroom equipment reservation, please click on the "Technology Solutions LTS Support Office" checkout center.
- You are now at the Patron Dashboard. Click on the blue "Create New Reservation" button.
- Select your Start and End time. Please note: the maximum checkout/reservation length is 2 business days.
- Click "Add Resources" to add the equipment you'd like to request. You can use the search function to find your resource or click on the category to narrow your selection.
- Once you have found the equipment, click on "Reserve One of This Type."
- Type in your class name in the "Event/Class Title" field.
- Skip to Step 11 if this is a one time reservation.
- If you'd like to set up a repeating reservation, click "Add Repeats." You have two options available: Add Single Repeat (if equipment is only needed one more time) or Add Multiple Repeats (if equipment is needed through your entire semester or more than one time)
- For Add Single Repeat, click the option and select the date you will need to repeat your reservation.
- For Add Multiple Repeats, click the option and select which day/s of the week you will be repeating your reservation for. Then select the start and end date your repeated reservations will be occurring.
- Click on the "Add note to Checkout Center staff" to add the CFOAP information or any specific notes for your reservation.
- All items except for external VHS players need to be picked up from the LTS Support Office in Lecture Center E room E112. Select the "Technology Solutions Pickup from Lecture Center E E112" option. If you're requesting a VHS player, please select your classroom.
- Click "Review and Submit"
- Review your reservation information and click "Submit reservation" if everything is correct or "Continue editing" to make any corrections.
- Upon submitting your reservation, you'll receive a confirmation email detailing your reservation. LTS Support Staff will need to review and approve your reservation. If there are any issues, Support staff be reaching out to you by email for further information. You will receive an email confirmation if your reservation was approved.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding WebCheckout or your reservation, please call 312-413-0003 Option 1 for assistance or email LTS@uic.edu.