Topics Map > Security > Role-based Authorization > Liaison Manager
How Do I assign Liaison Roles for the Department that I am a Delegate Authority For?
Instruction of how a delagate authority assigns liaison roles for their department
You are listed as one of your department’s Delegate Authority (DA). Delegate authority liaisons can assign all liaison roles (Phonebook, REACH, etc.), including adding and removing other delegate authority liaisons by using the liaison manager application.
Please follow these directions to assign liaisons:
1. Go to this URL/link: https://www.uic.edu/apps/iam/liaison
2. Once at the, “UIC Liaisons” page locate the green, “Log In” button to the upper right hand corner
3. Click on the: green “Log In” button
4. Login with your NetID and password (Note: do not add, “@uic.edu” to the end of your NetID)
5. Click on the box: “Select campus unit”; at the top of the page select the correct campus unit for which you wish to assign the liaison (Note: you can only add liaisons to the departments for which you are a delegate authority for)
6. Click: “Search”
7. Click: “Manage Unit Liaisons”
8. Click on the appropriate liaison role you wish to assign (Phonebook, REACH, etc.)
9. Click: Add New Liaison
10. Enter the NetID for the new liaioson role being assigned (Note: DO NOT add “@uic.edu”)
You will do this for each liaison role you wish to add. Please note there are many different ways to add, delete, and modify department liaisons. The above way is one basic way. Please feel free to explore other ways of modifying department liaisons.
I created these instructions on my own. This is what I send to DAs that need directions on how to use the Liaison manager. I could not find instructions on the ACCC ebsite, the wiki, or anywhere else. Created this KB article for the Red site. Not sure if Janet should be the owner.