Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Wired Network
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Residence Hall Network (ResNet)
How do I configure MacOS for Wired Res-Net and DHCP?
Steps for connecting to Res-Net using a Mac laptop or iMac with a wired network connection.
- Open the System Preferences application.
- Double-click on the Network icon.
- The first option to check is Configure.
- Pull down that menu, and choose Built-in Ethernet (or your network card if you use a third party NIC).
- Select the TCP/IP tab.
- The next option will be Configure.
- Pull down that menu, and choose Using DHCP.
- Save your settings by clicking the Save button located at the bottom of the screen.
- Quit the System Preferences application.
- You will be prompted to input your NetID and commons password when opening an internet browser.