Topics Map > Infrastructure > Storage > Active Directory Network Storage
How to access ADNS File Shares on Mac?
ADNS is a file sharing resource, through which users can store their files on an ACCC file server. This service provides users with highly redundant, highly available, fully backed-up, lifetime storage of personal or departmental files.
You need the following to access ADNS
- your AD NetID : ad\NetID
for example ad\adabyron. Pay attention to the format of your NetID
- ACCC common password: [ aka: your email password ]
- From Finder's top menu select Go then Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field enter smb://uic-cc-ss3.server.uic.edu/<<Dept Name>>
- Click on Connect.
Connect to Server dialog
- Enter your UIC NetID (without @uic.edu)
- Enter your ACCC common password
- Click Connect.