Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Wired Network
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Wireless Network
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Network > Residence Hall Network (ResNet)
How can I find my IP address and MAC address on a Windows computer?
This article is for Windows 8.1 and 10.
How to find the IP number and MAC address of a network card
1. Press the Windows Start key to open the Start screen.
Note: You do not need to click on anything else on the Start screen - typing will automatically initiate a program search.
2. Type cmd and press Enter to launch the command prompt.
3. Type "ipconfig /all" at the command prompt to check the network card settings.
5. You can copy the Physical Address and IPv4 Address from the command prompt by right clicking in the command prompt and clicking Mark.
6. Select the text you want to copy with the mouse and hit the Enter key to copy it. You should now be able to paste the text elsewhere using the standard clipboard "paste" function.