Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Productivity Software > Office 365
How to get, install, and run Minecraft Education Edition?
Instructions for downloading and running Minecraft Education Edition.
Minecraft: Education Edition (M:EE) is a collaborative and versatile platform that educators can use across subjects to encourage 21st-century skills. We are thrilled that you are interested in teaching, learning, and innovating with Minecraft!
1. Go to https://education.minecraft.net/get-started/download/
2. At the bottom of the screen, click on the appropriate version for the platform that you're running (i.e. Windows Desktop)
3. If you download the version mentioned above, please save and run the installer to begin installation.
4. Click "Next"
5. Click "Next".
6. Click "Next".
7. Choose the location to install the program and click "Next".
8. Click "Next".
9. Click "Install".
10. Enter your UIC email address and click "Next".
11. You should be taken to the UIC sign-in page. Enter your NetID and Technology Solutions common password on the appropriate lines and click "Sign In".
12. View and accept the EULA.
13. Click "OK".