Topics Map > Communication & Collaboration > Conferencing > Zoom
How do I add Zoom plugins?
This article shows how to add the Zoom integration to Outlook Desktop Application, Outlook Web Application (OWA) and G Suite as well as Web Browsers Firefox and Chrome.
Outlook Desktop Application
To add the Zoom Plugin to the Outlook Desktop Application please follow these instructions:
- Open Outlook and click “Get Add-ins” button in the top menu bar. The icon looks like the following:
- A new window will appear. Type “Zoom” in the search bar in the upper right hand corner of the new window:
- Click the “Add” button below the Zoom for Outlook Icon and the Zoom Add-in will be added to your Outlook Desktop Client
Outlook Web Application (OWA)
To add the Zoom Plugin to the Outlook Web Application please follow these instructions:
- Navigate to outlook.office.com and sign in with your Illinois credentials
- Click the "New message” button located in the upper left-hand corner of the window
- Once the new message window has appeared, find the ellipsis “…” located next to the trash can, below the message body field and click.
- A pop-up menu should appear, with the “Get Add-ins” located at the bottom.
- Click “Get Add-ins”
- In the upper right-hand corner of the newly rendered window should be a “Search add-ins” field. Type “zoom” into this field.
- Click “Add” within the “Zoom” for outlook Icon
Zoom for G Suite: Gmail/Google Calendar
To add the Zoom Meeting plugin to Gmail/Google Calendar please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to your Gmail Inbox or Google Calendar and login.
- Click the plus symbol "+" in the task bar on the far right side of the window
- In the new window, search for Zoom in the search bar located in the upper right hand corner. The offering titled "Zoom for GSuite" is highlighted below in red.
- Select the Zoom offering, and click install on the subsequent screen.
- Click Allow if you're blocking popups
- IMPORTANT: Please understand the permissions that are being asked of you. Zoom is asking to share data between itself and you G-Suite/Google Apps @ Illinois profile. If you consent to these two services to share your data, please click allow.
- You have now added the plugin for Zoom in G Suite. For more information about how to schedule or start a meeting please click here.
To add the Zoom Meeting plugin to the Chrome Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Chrome Extension page.
- Click "Add to Chrome"
To add the Zoom Meeting plugin to the Firefox Web Browser please follow the instructions below:
- Navigate to the Zoom Scheduler Firefox ADD-ONS page.
- Click "+Add to Firefox"