Topics Map > Computing Services > Endpoint Management
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Cloud Computing
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Environments > Computer Labs
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Environments > Virtual Computer Lab
How do I connect to the Virtual Computer Lab using a mobile device?
Install the IOS/Android remote desktop client and connect to a Virtual Desktop
Install the iOS client
4. Click the Plus symbol ("+") to subscribe to a new feed.
5. Click on "Add Workspace"
6. Enter https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com.
7. Enter your UIC email address and click "Next"
8. Enter your password and then click "Sign in".
NOTE: Your email address should already be on the appropriate line. If it's not, enter it there,
10. Enter your NetID and ACCC common password.
2. Click the "X" for the desktop you'd like to close or "Disconnect all PCs" in the bottom right.
NOTE: You can also simply log off from the desktop you're connected to.
NOTE: You can change the way the computer responds to input by clicking the middle button at the top then selecting the hand symbol or mouse symbol in the top left corner. Touch mode will use your touch as the mouse left-click and mouse mode will let you move the move around the screen with your finger.
Note: If you have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed, you will be redirected to that application for logging in with your Microsoft account.
Connect with the Android client
Applies to: Android 4.1 and later, Chromebooks with ChromeOS 53 and later.
Note: The ability to access Windows Virtual Desktop resources from the Android client is currently available in preview.
You can access Windows Virtual Desktop resources from your Android device with our downloadable client. You can also use the Android client on Chromebook devices that
Install the Android client
1. To get started, download and install the client on your Android device.
NOTE: You're going to need the official Microsoft Remote Desktop client
2. Launch the client.
3. In the Connection Center, tap +, and then tap Remote Resource Feed.
4. Enter https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com/api/arm/feeddiscovery in the feed URL.
NOTE: The URL pictured below is slightly different. Please use the URL above.
9. Click "Allow"
10. Enter your netID and ACCC common password or the password that you would use to connect to this resource.
How to logoff
1. Click on the icon highlighted in the picture.
2. Click on the "X" next to the name of the resource you would like to disconnect from
NOTE: Alternatively, you can sign off through the OS to disconnect