Topics Map > Computing Services > Endpoint Management
Topics Map > Infrastructure > Cloud Computing
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Environments > Computer Labs
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Environments > Virtual Computer Lab
How do I connect to Windows Virtual Desktop using the desktop application?
These instructions apply to Windows and MacOS and will show you how to connect to UIC's WVD service
WindowsDownload the Windows Desktop client depending on your operating system.
Install the Windows Desktop Client.
1. Click Next.
2. Check the box to agree next to "I accept the terms in the License Agreement" and click Next.
3. (Optional: Install for all users if you are an administrator and would like to) Click Install.
4. Click Finish.
Launch the Windows Desktop client.
1. Click Subscribe.
2. Enter your UIC email address, then click Next.
3. Enter your password.
4. Double click on an available desktop host icon.
5. Enter your password.
1. Install the free Microsoft Remote Desktop 10 app from the Mac App Store. (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop-10/id1295203466?mt=12)
2. Open Microsoft Remote Desktop and click the Workspaces tab, then click Add Workspace.
3. Enter https://rdweb.wvd.microsoft.com. It will search for workspaces linked to this URL, and you should see these results. Click Add.
4. In the window that appears, enter your UIC email address (email@example.com), then click Next.
5. When the UIC logo appears, enter your common password, and click Sign In.
6. Double click on an available desktop host icon.
7. Enter your NetID and common password to authenticate to the virtual desktop.