Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Learning Management System > Blackboard Learn
Topics Map > Teaching & Learning > Online Proctoring > Respondus
Where can I learn how to use Respondus Monitor as an instructor?
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that locks down the testing environment for tests taken in Blackboard. If you enable LockDown Browser for a Blackboard tests, students will be unable to copy, print, access other applications, visit other websites, or close the test until it is submitted. LockDown Browser functions much like a standard browser, but some options have been removed or work differently.
For example, the toolbar is modified to only include Forward, Back, Refresh, and Stop functions. Students cannot enter a web address to go to another site, and they cannot open other tabs (unless a link to another site is included within a test question). The browser is displayed full-screen and cannot be minimized, resized, or exited until the test is submitted. In addition, all printing, keyboard shortcuts, screen capture, function keys, and right-click menus are disabled.
These are opportunities to learn how to use Respondus Monitor
- Daily Training Webinars with Live Q&A – These 45-minute trainings are the best way for instructors to learn how to use Respondus Monitor for online proctoring. Each session is followed by an extended Q/A period where questions are answered live. Register here.
- Rapid Rollout Guide for Instructors – Here is the essential information for using Respondus Monitor with online exams.
- Create a Practice Exam – Have students take a practice exam with Respondus Monitor to ensure their computer, webcam and Internet are working properly. Allow students more than one attempt on the quiz so they can try the practice exam whenever their device or networking environment changes.
- 24/7 Live Chat – Remember that students can access built-in troubleshooting and live chat from within Respondus Monitor if they encounter a technical problem. You can find student resources here.
- For more information, see the Instructor Quick Start Guide.
- For student information, see My exam uses Respondus LockDown and Monitor; what should I do as a student?