iCS - Service Desk Triage Instructions
AITS Service Desk triage instructions for addressing iCS-related service desk tickets.
The AITS Service Desk will serve as the first point of contact (phone or email) for addressing iCS-related service desk tickets. A service desk ticket can be generated by either
1) calling a campus AITS Service Desk phone number: 217-333-3102 (from Urbana-Champaign or Springfield) or 312-996-4806 (from Chicago) or
2) emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, which will automatically create a ticket in SDM under the OBFS iCS Request Area.
For inquiries received by phone, AITS Service Desk will create a ticket in SDM under the OBFS iCS Request Area. If an end user directly submits a ticket in SDM and selects the wrong request area, once notified, AITS Service Desk will manually set the request area to OBFS iCS. The OBFS iCS Request Area is under the UA partition, which allows easy sharing of tickets among OBFS, AITS, etc.
Regardless of how the inquiry is first received, AITS Service Desk will:
A. Review the ticket and validate the end user, (i.e. confirm from which campus the ticket originated);
B. Manually set the campus/chart field for the ticket in SDM;
C. Attempt to resolve any tickets for ‘Internet Explorer no longer working’ messages by instructing user to set up compatibility mode using the following instructions:
1. Navigate to Settings in IE.
2. Click Compatibility View Settings
3. Under Add this Website, type uillinois.edu and click Add.
4. If user wants to use iCS in compatibility mode, but other sites (for example, the OBFS resource page) without compatibility mode they can have their IT group set up Enterprise Mode using the instructions in the following link: https://answers.uillinois.edu/ua/page.php?id=59740.
If AITS Service Desk is unable to resolve the ticket, the ticket will be routed to the appropriate group based on type of issue (technical or non-technical) and campus.
Technical issues will be routed to the AITS TAM Finance Group, who may then address the issue or route the ticket to another group, if needed.
Security issues will be routed to the BSS Finance Security Group, who may then address the issue or route the ticket to another group, if needed.
Non-technical (i.e. business process) issues will be routed to the appropriate OBFS Central Office Group (OBFS-iCS Chicago, OBFS-iCS Springfield, OBFS-iCS Urbana), who may then address the issue or route the ticket in a timely fashion to another group (e.g. OBFS-UCRO), if needed.