NetID Center, Locked out from logging into their Windows PC after changing their password
I can't log in to my computer after resetting my password
Performing a Network Login
- First, logout completely to get back to the main login screen
- Press the CTRL+ALT+DEL keys simultaneously
- Click on the icon of the two little computers in the bottom right, shown in the photo below:
- This will bring up a screen that lets you choose either the Chicago or Urbana AITS VPN. Once you choose one, you should see the screen below:
- Login using the following format for the username: uofi\netid. So for instance, mine would be uofi\kenzieh. Use your NEW password, not your old one.
- After this is completed, the new password should sync and you should be able to login normally.
Ensure Windows has your current credentials
If you see this notification, click and follow all directions. Otherwise your Windows password will fall out of sync with your NetID password and you will need to follow the entire procedure above.