WebStore, FAQ Adobe Enterprise annual subscription for faculty, staff, and students
Annual subscription renewals are now required for all Faculty, Staff and Students using Adobe products.
Going forward from June 30, 2022, Faculty, Staff and Students will be required to renew Adobe Creative Cloud subscriptions on a yearly basis. The University of Illinois consortia will continue to review and make funding decisions on license provisions that will decide the cost for University customers.
When does my current subscription expire?
- Faculty and Staff annual subscriptions start and end on June 30th (6/30).
- Student annual subscriptions start and end on August 1st (8/01).
- You can renew your subscription at anytime by going to the WebStore and searching for Adobe products. All currently subscribed customers should get an email notification from WebStore when it's time to renew again. For the year of 2022, with the change from continuous to annual subscriptions for faculty and staff, there should be also be reminders and announcements sent from departments, E-Week and other sources.
Will there be a grace period before my service is canceled?
- There will be a two week grace period from the expiration date before service is canceled.
What if I miss the deadline? Will the contents of my storage be deleted when my subscription ends?
- If you miss the deadline, the next time you open your Adobe apps, you will get a notification that your access is denied or your subscription is expired. You will not have access to Cloud documents, synced files, libraries or other cloud storage services until you renew your subscription. However, your data will not be deleted and will be available again when you reactivate service.
What if I decide I don't want to renew my Adobe subscription but I didn't back up my Cloud storage? Can I get access to it so that I can retrieve it?
- You can email email@example.com and request your data from Adobe Cloud Storage. We will evaluate the possible solutions available to help you retrieve your data. If you leave the University permanently and your account is removed your Adobe Cloud data may no longer be available.
- You don't need a subscription for the entire Creative Cloud Suite of Adobe apps if you just use Acrobat. There is a WebStore offer for Acrobat DC Pro for faculty and staff.
- Check out the help documentation on Adobe for renewing, installing or troubleshooting Adobe first. This will save you time and prevent you from having to wait for someone to respond who may be the wrong person to help. Most issues with Adobe are solved by making sure your apps are up to date and completing a proper sign-in in with Adobe.
- Basic Troubleshooting Steps for Adobe Applications
- Advanced Troubleshooting Steps for Adobe Applications
- If you have tried the solutions from the help articles and your issue persists, open a ticket by emailing the WebStore.
I am an IT Pro helping a user with an Adobe problem. Are there resources for me?
- Undergraduate and Graduate Employees are mostly not in the faculty/staff classification. If the faculty/staff offer is not found in your WebStore account search or you are getting a message on the offer that you are ineligible, that is not a mistake. All students employees who cannot claim the faculty/staff subscription should claim the Adobe Student offer for their respective campus. If the student employee's job requires an Adobe subscription, there is also an Adobe Subscription for student employees that the department may purchase on your behalf.
I am a retired faculty/staff member and I used to have an active Adobe subscription before it expired. I can't find an offer in the WebStore to renew. Where is it?
- Retired and emeritus faculty without an appointment do not have access to current Adobe licenses.
- SDL and NU licenses are part of the University of Illinois contract agreement that allows packaging for easier distribution to multiple users. If an SDL package installation is deployed on a University machine for a faculty/staff member's use, the end user of the machine should renew their subscription to the Adobe service by claiming the WebStore offer, "Adobe Creative Cloud for University Staff Enterprise Access" or "Adobe Acrobat DC for University Staff Enterprise Access".
- SDL licenses on university computers for shared student use, such as classroom computer labs do NOT need to be renewed.
- IT staff do not need to renew their SDL and NU orders in the WebStore because they are distribution offers, not subscriptions.
Can I ask my IT support to renew my Adobe subscription for me?
- Adobe subscriptions must be assigned to an individual's WebStore account in order for the renewal process to work. In most cases, it is easier and faster to log into your WebStore account and get it yourself.
- Adobe apps that were purchased personally with a serial number and Adobe subscriptions that are associated with a Personal account NOT a school account will still work without the University of Illinois subscription. If you have a personal Adobe subscription you will be billed monthly for the service. The University Enterprise subscription is an annual purchase. If you have a university owned computer with Adobe apps installed through Endpoint Services, you will still need a subscription to use the apps.
More Adobe resources:
- Guide to Renewing the Adobe Enterprise License
- Guide to Adobe Enterprise Login and Product Installation
- Adobe Creative Cloud University-Wide Access for Students
- Adobe Creative Cloud- Troubleshooting issues with installations and licensing
- Information on Adobe Enterprise Cloud Storage
- Adobe Acrobat asking for serial - Common License activation error
If you have a question that was not answered on this FAQ or the resources above, please contact the WebStore at firstname.lastname@example.org.