UPB - Initiating a Prior Underpayment Adjustment (PUA) for a Benefit Payout for Bi-Weekly Exempt or Academic (Monthly) Employees
PARIS, adjustment, separation, benefit payout, vacation, sick, PUA
If a bi-weekly exempt or academic employee is ending employment with the university, or changing to an employee class that is not benefits eligible, any vacation hours, compensable sick hours and earned compensable time must be paid out to the employee.
Before you begin the transaction in PARIS, confirm that all leave balances for the employee are accurate in Banner. Also start the separation transaction in the HR Front End (HRFE) application. This will give you the calculated weighted rate of pay to use in the PARIS adjustment transaction.
- Access PARIS at: https://hr.apps.uillinois.edu/hrFrontEnd/ana/.
- Log in to PARIS.
- Enter employee’s UIN in the QUICK SEARCH field.
Click EMPLOYEE SEARCH.
NOTE: See the Performing an Advanced Employee Search Job Aid for help.
- Click the Search button.
- The Payroll Record View (PRV) opens.
- Click the Pay Event Year of the pay period for the payout.
- The Pay History set displays all pay events for the year selected.
- PAY HISTORY tab displays a new row in yellow for the adjustment.
NOTE: Event Type, Calc Method, and Print Method default appropriate to the adjustment reason and are not user editable.
- Job Detail opens.
- ATS – Sick Terminal Benefits Pay Out
- ATV – Vacation Terminal Benefits Pay Out
- PCM – Pay Out – Compensatory Time
Less commonly used benefit payout earn codes are:
- ATW – Sick Term Waived Pay Out
- FHP – Negotiated Floating Holiday Payout – Hospital
- VAP – Negotiated Vacation Payout – Hospital
- VCC – Vacation Transfer Conversion Balances
NOTE: Consult HR for specific uses of these earn codes.
- Payroll Record View and Earnings Detail refresh.
NOTE: Scroll down to view and edit the Earnings Detail.
NOTE: Skip this step if using the VCC or PCM earn codes. These are regular rate earn codes. The benefit payout will be calculated based on the job hourly rate.
NOTE: See the Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS Job Aid for help.
NOTE: Changed fields are highlighted in red. System updated fields are highlighted in green.