Topics Map > Payroll > Payroll Adjustments
UPB - Editing Labor Distributions in PARIS
Employee payroll events are charged to a C-FOAPAL string or labor distribution specified on the job record. Occasionally, this information needs to be updated or corrected while processing a payroll adjustment. Below are the steps for editing a labor distribution in PARIS.
- Go to the Earnings Detail section of the job you are adjusting.
- Click the Edit button to modify the C-FOAPAL.
Available fields to update are:
- COA – Chart of Accounts. A single-digit code that refers to a specific university campus.
- Index – (Optional) A six-digit code serving as a shortcut to a particular set of Fund, Org and Program codes.
- Fund – A six-digit code representing an accounting entity. This segment maintains a Fund balance and a cumulative record of the sources and uses of monies.
- Organization – This code tracks the financial activities by functional reporting units.
- Account – Only labor account codes can be used to pay salaries/wages for employees.
- Program – A six-digit code representing functional classifications and sub-classifications.
- Activity – (Optional) For use in tracking non-budget control financial activities.
- Location – (Optional) Designates location for cross-campus activity tracking.
- Hours – Labor distribution hours must equal adjustment hours.
- Percent – Labor distributions must total 100%.
- Select a new COA from the COA menu, if needed.
- Highlight the FOAPAL field(s) you are editing.
- Type in the correct code(s).
NOTE: The menus are indexed according to the leading digits entered. Results will only display codes that begin with that specific set of numbers.
Example: Entering 37 in the Organization field for COA 9 yields these results in the menu:
- 370000 – Univ Ethics & Compliance Ofc
- 374000 – OBFS – Univ Payroll & Benefits
- 374001 – OBFS – UPB – Payroll Time Sheet
- Enter the total hours associated with the C-FOAPAL in the Hours field.
- Enter the percent of labor charges to assign to the C-FOAPAL in the Percent field.
- Click the Update button.
Click the Add button to add a new labor distribution row.
NOTE: Labor distribution hours must equal adjustment hours and total to 100%.
- Click the Remove button next to any unnecessary C-FOAPL rows in the labor distribution.
- Click the Save button.
- Continue processing the PARIS transaction.