Kaltura, Blackmagic Devices and Personal Capture
A workaround to make Blackmagic capture devices work with Kaltura Personal Capture
Blackmagic devices historically have not been supported by Kaltura. If the Blackmagic device is connected to a PC you manage with administrative privileges, here's a possible workaround that you can try:
- Kill the Kaltura Capture app/process
- Navigate to this directory: C:\Users\[default user profile]\AppData\Local\Kaltura\Capture\Settings
- On a personal Windows machine, this directory can be found from your user account.
- Open defaultSettings.json
- This file should be in the directory for your user account
- Delete the text “deviceBlacklist” & “Blackmagic” but leave the brackets.
- In that same directory, delete the “appPersistency.json” file
- This should be recreated when the application is restarted.
There's a second settings file (localSettings.json) where Blackmagic is also blacklisted. If you make the same edit there, Kaltura should recognize the audio.
Please note this is not a guaranteed fix for incompatibility issues with Blackmagic devices and Kaltura Personal Capture, but it has worked in a number of instances.