Email, How to stop forwarding to an alternate email address
- Go to the Electronic Directory Editor (EDE) and log in with your email address and password.
- EDE will display several pieces of information about your University account. Find the mail field; if email redirection is configured for your account, this will have your personal email address.
- Replace the personal email address with an internal University email address. This should be either <yournetid>@mx.uillinois.edu or, if your account has Google Apps configured and you normally send and receive University emails from the Gmail interface, <yournetid>@g.illinois.edu
- Click the Apply button at the top or bottom of the EDE webpage, then log out.
- Also check for forwarding or redirecting rules set up in mail clients such as Outlook.
Please note that changes made in EDE can take up to 4 hours to propagate to the email relays.
Staff members are not allowed to redirect email, and will be unable to edit the mail field in EDE. If you are a staff member and need to modify this to disable mail forwarding, please contact the Technology Services Help Desk at email@example.com or 217-244-7000. See this article for more information: Privacy & Cybersecurity, Faculty and Staff Email Auto-forwarding Retirement FAQ