Instructor Checklist - Engineering IT - Fall 2021
Please use the checklist below to make sure your class is successful with its information technology needs. For assistance with any of these resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-1313. Have a great semester!
1. Designate Your Course Staff by Using Class Tools
- Go to https://my.engr.illinois.edu/classtools/, choose "Edit Staff."
- Use our self-service portal tool to identify TAs and co-instructors.
- The course staff group is used for administrative permissions in the course (viewing and editing the rosters, editing web information, access to course file shares, etc.).
- For help and more information on using Class Tools, see: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-instructor-tools.
2. Confirm Your EWS Lab Reservations
- If your course uses EWS labs for instruction, please confirm these reservations are present on our calendars. Be sure to check for recurring or one-time events.
- View the calendar at: https://my.engr.illinois.edu/excal/
- To reserve an EWS labs, please request a reservation at: http://go.illinois.edu/EWSreserve
3. Confirm the Software for Your Course
- View the list of installed software.
- If you need software installed in EWS labs or remote access environments, please submit a software request at http://go.illinois.edu/EWSsoftware.
- Complications relating to licensing, purchasing, and installation may cause delays, so please submit requests as early as possible.
4. Confirm the A/V In Your Classroom
- Please visit your classroom prior to your first time teaching and familiarize yourself with the equipment.
- For more information on our supported AV spaces, please visit http://go.illinois.edu/engr-rooms.
- Additional information and instructions for rooms supporting conferencing is also available; please visit https://go.illinois.edu/engr-conferencing.
- Please contact email@example.com for AV questions.
5. Review Course Website Hosting Options
- Engineering IT offers several different web hosting options/platforms for courses (including HTML file hosting, wikis, and course management systems).
- Review our offerings here.
- If you host your course website on another site, we recommend that you register its URL with us to make the http://courses.engr.illinois.edu/ site redirect.
6. Review Lecture Recording Options
- Do-it-yourself software-based lecture recording:
- In classroom lecture and event recording:
- Several classrooms in the Grainger College of Engineering campus are equipped for lecture and event recording.
- For more information on lecture capture please see Presentation/Lecture Capture.
For assistance with any of these resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (217) 333-1313. Have a great semester!
Short URL for this page: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-instructor-checklist