Skype for Business, Shared Accounts, Voicemail, Change Greeting
Many offices have a main phone line and shared voicemail box. The voicemail greeting can be changed to share different office hours and/or a holiday/vacation greeting. Follow the steps below to switch to the main line account and set a voicemail greeting.
NOTE: Before you get started, we recommend writing your greeting script down so you can read it when it's time to record.
1. Sign out of your own account in Skype for Business
2. Sign in with your office's main line account. (If you don't know it, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org)
NOTE: if Skype for Business doesn't allow you to type in the Email Address field, go to the Gear icon, choose "Personal" from the settings list, and replace the email address there instead
3. Once you are signed in, go to the Dial Pad icon
4. Below the dial-pad, on the right-hand side, click the small voicemail icon that looks like a cassette tape
5. From the voicemail menu, choose "Change Greetings"
6. Follow the instructions as prompted
7. When you have set the new voicemail greeting, sign out of the account and sign back in as yourself