Topics Map > Website Services
Topics Map > Hardware and Software
Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Multimedia
Topics Map > User Support
Instructor Checklist - Engineering IT - Spring 2021
Please use the checklist below to make sure your class is successful with its information technology needs. For assistance with any of these resources, please contact us at email@example.com or (217) 333-1313. Have a great semester!
1. Designate your course staff at https://my.engr.illinois.edu/classtools/ (under “Edit staff”)
- Use our self-service web tool to identify TAs and co-instructors. Enabling course staff here grants them access to all Engineering IT class administration functions (course file space, web hosting, adjusting class groups, etc.)
- For help and more information on using Class Tools, see here: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-instructor-tools.
2. Review Recommended Teaching Resources and Tools
3. Confirm your EWS lab reservations are scheduled - please note our computer labs are limited to 15 - 30% of their normal capacity due to COVID-19
- If your course uses EWS labs for instruction, please confirm these reservations are present on our calendars. Be sure to check for recurring or one-time events.
- View the calendar here: https://my.engr.illinois.edu/excal/
- If you wish to reserve the labs, please request a reservation through our web form, available at: http://go.illinois.edu/EWSreserve
4. Confirm the software for your course is accessible and the A/V in the classrooms meets your needs.
- Click here to view the list of installed software. If you need software installed in the labs or remote access environments, please submit a software request at http://go.illinois.edu/EWSsoftware. Complications relating to licensing, purchasing, and installation may cause delays, so please submit requests as early as possible.
- For more information on our supported AV spaces, please visit http://go.illinois.edu/engr-rooms. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for AV questions.
5. Review course website hosting options.
- Engineering IT offers several different web hosting options/platforms for courses (including HTML file hosting, wikis, and course management systems). Please review our offerings by clicking here
- Even if you host your course website on another site, we recommend that you register its URL with us to make the http://courses.engr.illinois.edu/ site redirect.
6. Review Lecture recording options.
- Do-it-yourself software-based lecture recording: Kaltura Personal Capture for Mediaspace and Echo360 Universal Capture
- Several classrooms around the Engineering campus are equipped for lecture and event recording. Please review our offerings by clicking here.
For assistance with any of these resources, please contact us at email@example.com or (217) 333-1313. Have a great semester!
Short URL for this page: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-instructor-checklist