Topics Map > Website Services
Topics Map > Hardware and Software
Topics Map > Instructional Services
Topics Map > Multimedia
Topics Map > User Services
Instructor Checklist - Engineering IT - Spring 2022
A list of things to check each semester for Engineering instructors
Please use the checklist below to make sure your class is successful with its information technology needs. For assistance with any of these resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-1313. Have a great semester!
1. Designate Course Staff With Class Tools
- Go to https://my.engr.illinois.edu/classtools/, choose "Edit Staff."
- Use our self-service portal tool to identify TAs and co-instructors.
- The course staff group is used for administrative permissions in the course (viewing and editing the rosters, editing web information, access to course file shares, etc.).
- For help and more information on using Class Tools, see: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-instructor-tools.
2. Confirm EWS Lab Reservations
- If your course uses EWS labs for instruction, confirm the reservations are present on our calendars. Be sure to check for recurring or one-time events.
- View the calendar at: https://my.engr.illinois.edu/excal/
- To reserve an EWS labs, request a reservation at: http://go.illinois.edu/EWSreserve
3. Confirm Software for Your Course
- View the standard list of installed software.
- If you need software installed in EWS labs or remote access environments, please submit a software request at http://go.illinois.edu/EWSsoftware.
- Complications relating to licensing, purchasing, and installation may cause delays, so please submit requests as early as possible.
- We cannot guarantee the continued installation of software requested for previous semesters. To guarantee you have the software you need, please submit a software request for the respective semester.
4. Confirm A/V In Your Classroom
- Visit your classroom prior to your first time teaching and familiarize yourself with the equipment.
- Review our supported AV spaces at http://go.illinois.edu/engr-rooms.
- Information and instructions for rooms supporting conferencing is located at https://go.illinois.edu/engr-conferencing.
- Contact email@example.com for AV questions.
5. Review Lecture Recording Options
- In classroom lecture and event recording:
- Several classrooms in the Grainger College of Engineering campus are equipped for lecture and event recording.
- Review lecture capture options and available spaces: Grainger College of Engineering Presentation/Lecture Capture Recordings
- Request a lecture capture recording: https://go.illinois.edu/EngineeringLectureCaptureScheduling
- Do-it-yourself software-based lecture recording:
6. Review Course Website Hosting Options
- There are several different web hosting options/platforms for courses (including HTML file hosting, wikis, and course management systems).
- If you host your course website on another site, we recommend that you register its URL to make the http://courses.grainger.illinois.edu/ site redirect.
For assistance with any of these resources, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (217) 333-1313. Have a great semester!
Short URL for this page: https://go.illinois.edu/ews-instructor-checklist