Teams: Log into Yealink IP Phone
Instructions for logging into a Yealink 5x series IP phone.
- If your phone is asking for a language and timezone setting, follow the prompts.
- Select Login on the Yealink touch interface
- Open website https://microsoft.com/devicelogin on a computer per the on screen instructions and enter the code shown (Figure 1)
- On a computer, open the browser link shown on the Yealink screen and
- Enter the code shown on the phone (Figure 1) into the webpage (Figure 2)
- You will then be prompted to enter your email address NetID@illinois.edu (Figure 3). You may be able to select your email from a list in some cases (Figure 4).
- Enter your password for your University account (NetID).
- You will be prompted for 2FA if not already two-factor authenticated for the day.
- The Yealink phone should now be logged in.
Figure 1: Yealink sign-in screen
Figure 2: Website Code Entry
Figure 3: Website sign-in
Figure 4: Alternate Website sign-in
- Same as above, except at Step 3:
- Hit Sign in on this device on the Yealink sign-in screen (Figure 1, above)
- Enter your full email NetID@illinois.edu, or the resource account email. (Figure 5)
- Enter the account university (AD) password.
- Tap "Got It." and your signed in.
- Person accounts simply login in with their Illinois email address NetID@illinois.edu and AD password.
- Role based accounts (i.e. common area phones, lab phones or service phones) will login with the service account address (i.e. and AD password for that account). For example a common area phone will be user name in the format firstname.lastname@example.org whereas a resource account would be the format email@example.com. Contact IT@vetmed.illinois.edu if the password is unknown or for help logging into common area and resource phones.
- If you're not sure if a resource account is @illinois.edu or @ad.uillinois.edu, check the Active Directory Object > Account > User login name section. The @mx.uillinois.edu E-Mail (found on the General tab in AD) will not be used for the login.