Topics Map > Phone (Teams & Contact Center)
Teams: Look-up a Phone Number
University staff are being cut-over to from Skype to Teams at different times. Employees may be used to making a Skype Call and may not actually know the phone number of co-employees at UofI. Teams has a similar mechanism for making internal calls to other employees of University that doesn't require knowledge of the employees phone number. However, some employees may not yet have Teams running regularly on their computer, and IP phones may not yet be cutoover to Teams, so internal calls from Teams may not work.
Individuals that have been cut-over to Teams can use their calling plan to directly call the phone number of an employee that is still using Skype exclusively for calling. Simply pull up the dial pad in Teams to dial the number. There are two methods to obtain employee phone numbers:
Method 1: Within the Teams app
- Go to the Call screen
- Select the Phone tab
- Type in a name (First Last or Last, First)
- Select the Name
- Click on the small circle to the left of the name to see their directory card
- The phone number will be in the contact section
Method 2: 0365 Bing Search
- Navigate to bing.com/work
- Login into your 0365 account with your email and AD password (NetID@illinois.edu)
- In the search bar, enter the name. This can be first last, or last, first. Anyone you've previously had contact with will show up faster int he results.
- Select the name to see their information card as a top search result.