Topics Map > Faculty & Staff
Topics Map > Printer Information
Topics Map > Purchasing - Computer Equipment
Printer Supply Ordering (Toner, Ribbons, Paper, labels)
Please use the following information to purchase consumables for yourself or your department.
Who Purchases Supplies
- Vet Med faculty and staff are responsible for ordering supplies for their individual office printers.
- Departmental staff are responsible for ordering these items for department office printers. Please see your departments admin for ordering assistance.
Printers Under RK Dixon Service Contract
- Printers under an RK Dixon Service contract will have an RK Dixon label on them (see below). Those contracts provide consumables (excluding paper) in exchange for a negotiated rate per page that will be recharged to the departments. To order toner or other consumables, simply call the number on the label and provide the serial or unique identifier on the label to the RK Dixon representative and they will ship it to you. You should not order supplies through iBuy for these printers. Supplies can also be ordered through their online form: https://rkdixon.com/support/order-supplies/ .
- If told by RK Dixon your printer is not covered and you believe it should be, contact IT@vetmed.illinois.edu; include identification information for your printer in the email such as model, room number, serial nbr, printer name.
- These contracts also includes repairs and service.
All other Printers - Where to Purchase – iBuy
- Use the iBuy punch-outs to order supplies from you preferred vendor (CDW-G, OfficeMax, HP, Dell).
- When purchasing from local supplier, Laser’s Edge, contact them at 359-8700 to obtain a toner price quote for your model of printer.
- In the non-catalog order form, place your model of toner (e.g. Dell S2810dn) in the Catalog No. field, specify “Toner” in the description and use 61500 (Office Supplies) for the commodity code.
Note: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need ordering assistance. Be sure to include the model of printer and your room number/building in the request.
To help prevent running out of toner at an inopportune time, we recommend two precautionary measures:
- Regularly check your toner, ink or other printer supply levels. When the printer indicates a low toner level (faded/light pages on printers lacking a supply level indicator), immediately order a new cartridge.
- Stock an additional toner for printer(s). When a toner cartridge runs out, use the additional toner for the replacement and order a new cartridge to have on hand for future
Printer Repair and Purchases
Contact IT@VetMed at IT@vetmed.illinois.edu for printer troubleshooting, repairs and purchases.