Topics Map > Help and Training > Help Desk
Topics Map > Help and Training >

TeamDynamix, Collaborative Board/Global Admin Board Decisions

Overview

This article provides information about decisions regarding the TeamDynamix (TDX) platform. Decisions made by the Collaboration Board and the Global Admin Board are contained within.

09/19/23

  • iPaaS update - back to Legal for GDPR review. TDX will maintain the originally-offered pricing. Once approved and purchased, TDX has changed their "white glove" service from hand-holding us through building 3 flows to working with us on what we want and building them for us. Pros and cons, but it does remove the overhead of starting to use it. We'll evaluate the previously-selected white glove scenarios and adapt them for this new model.
  • Contract renewal conversations are underway, and we're getting pricing for various options (work management only, work mgmt + 10-pack iPaaS flows + value-add services, work mgmt + iPaaS site license). Escalating to ITLT for a decision once we have the quotes. Can't do a 5-year renewal due to SHI contract timing, so we'll do another 3-year + option to renew for up to 2 more years.
  • John C. will leverage contacts at next BTAA meeting to ask other TDX-using institutions whether they went with the 10-flow pack for iPaaS or the site license, to gauge what might fit our needs here.
  • Committee updates -
    • GAC - Global Admin Expectations revised draft will be discussed and likely finalized at the next GAC meeting for CB approval.
    • CTC - August newsletter went out! Membership nominations soon.
    • TDAG - didn't meet in August. Membership nominations soon.
  • UIC Update -
    • RT migration stakeholder satisfaction survey showed overwhelmingly positive feedback for the process and with TDX. Teams channels transitioned from project-based to operational TDX community spaces for each unit.
    • Haven't started work with non-RT units to migrate to TDX yet; that's coming up.
  • UIC Health Sciences Update - no news; everyone is moved over and happy with TDX
  • System Office Update -
    • Integrations team (Banner, Kafka, API) is interested in iPaaS, so that has been shared with leadership. No interest from other System Office units in using TDX for ticketing or PPM at this time. They'll revisit periodically as it's integrated into more business processes to see if there's more interest.
  • Urbana Update -
    • Phase 3 wrapping up in October; next units moving to Asset and API soon. Manager role and view-only role options will be picked back up for discussion in October in conjunction with TDAG and Security & Privacy.

08/08/23

  • iPaaS update - TIA review in progress, then back to Legal for GDPR review
  • New Urbana Global Admin, James Lockhart, has started onboarding and learning TDX.
  • August Sandbox refresh scheduled for 8/11, 3pm.
  • TDX Group Manager role has been approved for testing, in progress this week
  • TDX View-only role has passed Security & Privacy review and will be implemented pending a formal write-up of role expectations and a recommendation from TDAG
  • Other TDX role permissions and expectations are being outlined for Security & Privacy
  • TDX Contract Renewal process begins soon.
  • FAQs for the TDX website are complete and should be posted soon. The training subcommittee has almost completed a review collected training needs and will begin to parcel out the work after the start of semester.
  • TDX governance committee memberships will be up for renewal/changeover in early Fall 2023. CB will discuss timing and coordinate calls for nominations with TDX CTC.

07/11/23

  • No iPaaS update
  • New Urbana Global Admin has been approved and will onboard in July 2023.
  • August Sandbox refresh scheduled for 8/11, 3pm.
  • U of I TDX Github repository being reviewed to stand up formally.
  • FAQs for the TDX website are almost complete, and the TDX Service Page in the customer portal is being revamped with more complete information for how to request assistance as an a prospective customer, app admin, or technician.

06/13/23

  • No iPaaS update
  • Group management role being tested at UIUC
  • Global Admins Committee working on formal expectations document for Global Admins
  • Urbana is standing up a "Steering Committee" for U of I - Main ticketing app. Overall demand for ticketing apps is increasing.
  • TDX Training video for technicians and app admins tweaked and published to MediaSpace for Urbana.
  • TeamDynamix website update is coming along. Tableau dashboard updated with latest data; timeline and FAQ refresh in progress.
  • August Sandbox refresh date will be decided by TDAG and UIC in mid-July. It will be announced in the TDX newsletter and to specific sandbox stakeholder groups.
  • Urbana requested an additional script source be added to the Allow list. CB approved with the caveat that the request should be routed appropriately and then tested in Sandbox.

5/30/23

  • iPaaS Pilot update - data scope survey sent to Urbana Privacy Office
  • Post TDX Converge discussion - highlights were change management session, Banner access w/iPaaS session, PowerBI integration session, and UX & EX in the Client Portal
  • UIC Pharmacy will be exploring EDW reporting templates and sharing observations with the CB. If there are any specific reports that units are interested in seeing, they'll be happy to work on them.
  • Global Admin rebalancing across universities. UIS confirmed they can relinquish one GA, so Urbana will pick that one up.
  • Group Manager role approved and implementation is now being discussed.
  • FABplus demo was well-received by business units, though scalability was unclear. There is currently no API, and the system doesn't offer much more functionality than TDX Asset; the major benefit is FABweb data integration. This suggests FABweb integration with TDX is possible. In the meantime, FABplus API is under development and different units are proceeding with whichever tool best fits their needs. Ideally, the two systems will eventually be able to talk to each other well enough for solid data sharing processes to be developed, and for data to be clean and consistent across the board.
  • 5/18 TDX rep visit to UIC canceled; rep was sick.

5/16/23

  • Discussion about whether CB would remotely attend the TDX rep visit to UIC. Decision to let Anthony represent us and to practice what we preach: we want TDX to be comfortable sending a single rep instead of their entire team, and we are ready to do the same.
  • Group management question has a potential solution! It is possible to implement a Manager role in TDX that allows group members designated as members to manage those groups. Notifications to those groups can be muted for Manager role. GAC and CB will pursue this idea.

Urbana Updates

  • Joe shared that a demo was being prepped for ATLAS to show them the ropes. Security & Privacy also confirmed that the number of Global Admins isn't a strict "2 per campus," as long as the number is kept manageable and there is a business continuity plan.

System Updates

  • John will meet with UIS to determine whether they're comfortable relinquishing one Global Admin so Urbana's larger support footprint can be covered. If so, we'll discuss rebalancing at the next meeting.

5/2/23

  • iPaaS Update - none
  • Underreporting of TDX database changes with version releases - TDX will not be changing their process. AITS and the EDW team have adjusted their process to accommodate. The integration will be paused before any new releases until the EDW team can review the post-release DB changelog and make any necessary adjustments. TDX publishes the full list of changes and bugfixes up to a week after each release, and there are roughly two releases per year. Each university will utilize Status Hub and other established communication channels to notify stakeholders about the maintenance window.
  • TDX Converge is May 22-24. CB members will advertise the registration sign-up to their respective universities.
  • May 18th, TDX reps will make an in-person visit to the UIC campus. The Collab Board and Global Admins will meet with them and take advantage of the feedback opportunity to discuss a few topics. They'll highlight the challenge of the current process for user/group administration, PPM app plans and use cases, desired TDX KB functionality/feature improvements that could make it a feasible product in future, and other TDX feature improvement plans.
  • FABplus will be demo'd on the Urbana campus on Monday the 8th, and Joe Blanks and Al Payne will attend to see if it can be integrated with TDX Asset

Chicago Updates:

  • App Admin training video captioning is done!
  • More units coming on board in July.

Urbana Updates:

  • Service Management discussions are currently centered around application integrations, one of which is TDX. They're looking at privacy/risk assessment and accessibility of all integrations.
  • Project Phase 3 is moving along and has a new Project Manager, Ginger Hundgen. ACES and VetMed are going live in Asset soon, with a few other units to follow shortly thereafter.

System Updates:

  • AITS has reached out to other TDX institutions to learn how they're managing the challenge of users/group creation.
  • UPB will serve as a resource to Urbana IHR as that unit considers utilizing TDX as a Service Catalog, though not necessarily for ticketing.

Committee Updates

Global Admins

  • Matthew Magee demonstrated a new workflow for change management notification and received CB feedback and approval.

TDX CTC

  • CTC will review any change management notifications and triage them for communication to appropriate stakeholders.
  • Monthly newsletter went out last week and included info about the upcoming 11.7 release, committee and project updates, and TDX Converge.
  • Training groups are still gathering training needs and suggestions from various TDX stakeholders.

TDAG

  • TDAG reached out to units that confirmed they had TDX apps but were not using them due to niche-but-critical functionality. The Product Owner and TDAG will gather feedback and requirements that would make TDX feasible in future.
  • The group discussed expanding the GA pool to spread the work of user/group management around better. Options on the table are opening those requests up to all of the U of I GAs, potentially rebalancing the number of GAs for Springfield and Urbana (2 and 2 -> 1 and 3), and TDX non-central units possibly contributing funding for another permanent GA position on the Urbana Service Team. Ideas were escalated to the CB, and the CB and GAs will discuss and pursue all feasible avenues.
  • The group discussed the integration of ATLAS should they decide to join TDX. Several TDAG members and App Admins volunteered to serve as resources as ATLAS got in the queue and went through onboarding with the Service Team. A member of ATLAS will join TDAG as an ex oficio member until membership nominations come around in Fall.

4/18/23

TDX Product Review

  • We shared the prioritized Top 10 + Honorable Mentions enhancement requests with the TDX reps and then watched a presentation of their road map, including features coming out in 11.8 (Fall Release)
  • More info about 11.8 will be shared once the release notes are published
  • Future timeline focuses include:
    • UX update for TDNext and a dedicated mobile app with a focus on asset features. These are both 18+ months away, but the UX redesign will be previewed at TDX Converge in June.
    • Focus on Asset/CI features
    • Automation improvements
    • Conversational AI and iPaaS improvements - note: U of I still has not been able to purchase iPaaS due to legal challenges around GDPR/DPA.

3/7/23

  • iPaaS Update - none
  • Underreporting of TDX database changes with version releases - No further response from TDX 
  • Minimum Info for Service/Service Offering Entries 
    • Where is this being documented? 
    • Anthony will create article within UIC KB in TDX 
    • Al will make note for stub article in Answers KB until the OpEx exercises have completed 
  • Ownership of TDX-related Answers KB articles 
    • Created groups for CTC and Collaborative Board and KBs have been reassigned 
    • Anthony to talk to Ryan Sharpe re: access 
    • Al will be primary on maintaining Collab Board article; Anthony will be backup 
  • TDX Converge
    • Anthony to provide feedback that TDX Converge should have significant content on TDX itself, not majority of content being iPaaS/AI focus; and bring back have the open-mic session at this year's Converge 
  • Reporting being done with EDW 
    • Pharmacy finishing up on boarding for our Senior Web Developer, and will begin working on the TDX reports soon. We have a deadline of mid-May to be completed. Please share any specific reports that may be of interest to add to our list to create. 

Chicago Updates:

  • 72% of edge units have been setup in Sandbox to start their transition efforts 
  • Derek and Crystal were working through the captioning of TDX App Admin training videos; Anthony to check in with Crystal 

Springfield Updates:

  • No updates

Urbana Updates:

  • Kicked off Phase 3; 3-week startup time period in progress now 
  • Taking feedback to build user stories into backlog 

System Offices Updates:

  • John met with Mark P re: opening up TDX onboarding to more SO units; comms will target managers of the specific SO units 

Committees 

Urbana TDAG 

  • P3 kickoff; in project mode, reviewing a recommendation around read-only technician access role 
  • There were a couple of units that were in TDX but hadn't actually started using it. 

TDX CTC 

  • Combined meeting last week; new TDX website structure getting set, shared services is building mockup 
  • Joe and Mark to work through survey to replace/update FAQs 
  • Working through documenting process for App Admin and escalations to GAs 
  • Awaiting go-ahead for building out documentation and training for use of AuthMan for local admins 

GAC 

  • Grouper integration went live, but was determined to not provide enough value - and in fact added more work and complexity - to the process of user and group creation and membership change requests. It will only be utilized for customer portal group management by the GAs going forward.

2/21/23

  • iPaaS Update - no change
  • Underreporting of TDX database changes with version releases 
    • No movement since ticket submitted and brought up at Business Review Meeting 
    • John met with EDW team, will plan to turn off integration a week before upgrade then review before turning back on; this is a stopgap solution 
  • Minimum Info for Service/Service Offering Entries 
    • Where is this being documented? Anthony will create article within UIC KB in TDX 
    • Al will make note for stub article in Answers KB until the OpEx exercises have completed 
  • Ownership of TDX-related Answers KB articles
    • CTC working with Ryan Sharpe to setup service accounts to own the different content type articles 
  • Business Review Meeting outcomes/thoughts 
    • Glad to have a chance to talk through where the Urbana project is, where/how we're all looking to expand 
    • Anthony: Feedback to TDX, have the open-mic session at this year's Converge 
  • Any reporting being done with the EDW data? 
    • UIC Pharmacy going to be starting to leverage in about a month or so 
    • Al noted will probably just be using a couple of times a year 
    • Have heard feedback about getting the Asset data added into EDW 
    • Barry offered to have his resource work on templates/etc as needed 
  • Topics to include in update to ITLT 
    • Minimum Service Info 
    • Note dependent on OpEx outcomes on overall Service Catalog structure; Functional Design finished 1/31 
    • Grouper 
    • iPaaS lack of update; expiration of pricing offer 
    • TDX project website redesign in progress 
    • Sessions planned at UIUC Spring ITPF and UIC ITCC 
    • Converge in May 
  • Looking for guidance from ITLT: 
    • Phase 3 at Urbana: Asset Management 
    • Planning to renew contract next year? 

Chicago Updates:

  • Work ongoing to transition units from RT 
  • Al – requesting a list of UIC units coming on to TDX in Feb/March for the TDX monthly newsletter 
  • Anthony: Update the PM Schedule spreadsheet for metrics 

Springfield Updates:

  • No updates

Urbana Updates:

  • Kick-off for Phase 3 work tomorrow 
  • Defining expectations for App Admins (formalizing intake process) 

System Offices Updates:

  • John spoke with Kelly, in favor of sending out communication to rest of System Offices to open up use of TDX to other groups that haven't been using ticketing 
  • Matthew working on Grouper integration (going live today) 

Committee Updates 

TDX CTC 

  • Newsletter going out on Thursday 

GAC 

  • Grouper bug fix work going on; go-live is currently in progress 
  • Other backlogged people integration enhancement requests are being reviewed to start work on some 

1/24/23

  • iPaaS - no change
  • Underreporting of TDX database changes with version releases - following up with account reps
  • Minimum Info for Service/Service Offering Entries 
    • Anthony will share UIC's current standard templates 
    • John will bring back to next meeting, feedback from AITS Service Desk on compliance 
    • No concerns with coming into compliance on the standards 
    • Al will bring up to CTC to plan around communications, will be included in this Thursday's TDX Newsletter 

Chicago 

  • Nothing significant since last meeting 

Springfield 

  • No updates 

Urbana 

  • Joe and service team working through the backlog and creating a roadmap that is public; gathering and clarifying recommendations, e.g. ability to provide recommendations on data model for asset management/etc  

System Offices Updates:

  • Helping out Urbana efforts 
  • No Grouper update 
  • No additional System groups have reached out to move into TDX 
  • John will inquire with Kelly about any proactive outreach to additional SO groups 
  • Training Service Desk leads post-Shawn's departure 

Committee Updates:

  • Urbana TDAG
  • Recommendation to have stakeholders part of short-term working group on setting up local asset management and API access/usage 
  • Ahsan and others on project team will be scheduling requirements gathering sessions with each of the units that submitted

TDX CTC:

  • Next meeting on Monday, will be focused on the TDX website 

GAC:

  • Read By tab will now reflect views from TDAdmin 

1/10/23

  • iPaaS - TDX's offered pricing will only be good through January; needs TDX leadership re-approval after that. No change on the legal side, so we can't move forward at this time.
  • Underreporting of TDX Database changes with version releases 
  • Database changes for version upgrades aren't communicated until after the release, and weren't complete 
  • Preview Release Notes includes a "Database Changes" section but links to older content, not the current upcoming release's db changes 
  • Minimum info for service entries 

Chicago Updates:

  • Couple of units went live on TDX in December 
  • More units working to transition later this month/early next 
  • Continued goal of completing transitions from RT by end of FY23 

Springfield 

  • No updates 

Urbana Updates:

  • Service team working through tickets to review how to more systematically process the non-IT scope requests 
  • Interest in a public roadmap for where TDX @ Illinois is going (beyond/outside of Phase 3) 

System Office Updates:

  • Meeting with Joe & Janet to help out Tech Services 
  • Participating in Urbana TDAG 
  • Grouper still being worked on, targeting this month for UIUC Global Admin go-live 

TDAG

  • Sending out emails to units to get them started with Phase 3 scope 

CTC 

  • Working on TDX website revitalization 
  • Needing to update the roadmap

GAC 

  • Working through some support tickets with TDX 
  • Spacing issues are thought to be resolved by 11.6 release 
  • Engineering and Marketing team connecting on fixing their marketing email deliveries 
  • Backlog: working through Change Control for global admin changes in TDX 
  • Ownership of KB articles for change log/roadmap/etc 
  • Location/Room synchronization work being looked at, resources made available in AITS

11/29/22

No movement or updates on most old business.

TDAG - Project Phase 3 survey results have been reviewed and units will be contacted to gather additional information about timing and available staff/resources to roll out unit-specific Asset apps

11/15/22

  • iPaaS - TDX will not accept contract stipulation for signed DPA that applies to whole contract, even with deadline of 6/20/23. More conversations and expectation-setting happening now.
  • TDX EDW - UAT ended on 11/11, moving to production by end of November 
  • Enhancement Requests Prioritization discussion 

Urbana Updates:

New TDX @ Urbana Product Owner, Joe Blanks, started this week. Janet Jones handing off some responsibilities to Product Owner, AITS, and CTC, as appropriate:

TDAG - Phase 3 survey was sent out and has closed. Eval and ranking tomorrow.

Chicago Updates:

  • Awaiting Primary/Secondary contacts from each unit 
  • Finalizing resources to get pushed out to contacts 

System Office Updates:

  • Grouper go-live still pending some work

TDX CTC Updates:

  • Communications re: 11.6 release being prepped 
  • Sandbox refresh announcement being finalized (refresh scheduled for 11/29) 
  • Newsletter going out Nov 22 
  • Next up will be reviewing the TDX website 

11/1/22

  • EDW TDX data is UAT now, ~2 weeks
  • KB article ownership for TDX governance bodies. Currently assigned to whoever first created the articles. Decision: going forward, assign to a group address, i.e. TDX CTC-owned training articles assigned to a shared email address. TDAG and TDX CB assigned to their respective listservs.

Urbana Updates:

  • Product Owner accepted offer and should start soon. Other roles will be shuffled as appropriate once he starts.
  • Urbana - TDAG First meeting of the new cohort was 10/26. Set priorities, started Project Phase 3 planning

Chicago Updates:

  • Kickoff meeting scheduled for 11/9

System Office Updates:

  • Grouper integration - working on final pieces, then go-live to Global Admins on each campus to test for a while

TDX CTC Updates:

  • Sarah Follmer stepped down as co-chair due to changing job role. Derek Briles stepping in as co-chair, heading up the training subcommittee.
  • Next project: TeamDynamix website revamp into a permanent information space as opposed to just project tracking.

10/4/22

  • iPaaS stuck in legal due to the DPA verbiage and limited staff with GDPR expertise in the university's legal office. Est. 2-3 months before the review will be completed.
  • TDX ticketing data will be live in EDW Oct/Nov. User Acceptance Testing first, then go-live.

Urbana Updates: 

  • CIO submitting proposal to Provost for staffing to support TDX 

Chicago Updates: 

  • Prof Services engagement has started, some kickoff meetings have been held internally; working to schedule a webinar and start up transition efforts 
  • Working to get admin videos from TDX added to Ability LMS 

System Office Updates: 

  • Working with Carle Library on potential for coming in to TDX 
  • Working internally to review how to best leverage TDX features to enhance processes 
  • Identifying groups leveraging external web form tools, to bring them over to TDX forms 

9/6/22 

  • Urbana TDAG received approval to move forward on planning non-IT ticketing coming into TDX, as well as individual Asset applications to support local asset management. 
  • Sarah Follmer has taken over for Allison Payne as co-chair of CTC, Collaborative Board approves 
  • Matthew Magee will take over as chair of Global Admin Committee, Collaborative Board approves 
  • Respective TDAG representative on the Collaborative Board will be responsible for bringing relevant updates back to university's TDAG. 
  • Collaborative Board agreement to communicate significant updates/topics from its meetings to the relevant committees (Global Admin and/or Communications & Training) 


7/12/22
 

  • Wes Pate designated as facilitator/leader for the App Admin community, Collaborative Board approves 
  • Sandbox refresh happened on July 5th 2022  
  • UIC service catalog refresh completed


5/31/22

  • Agreement on creating an Application Administrators Community for U of I TDX application admins 
  • TDX Collaborative Board agreed system wide scope for App Admin community would be best and also agreed that no formal charter would be written as it is intended to be a community. 


5/17/22

  • TDX automation use-cases were submitted to BPA (Business Process Automation) team at AITS for discussion/review  

 

3/22/22 

  • TDX Collaborative Board agreed that the Global Admin Committee will be responsible for updating/maintaining KB article with the key elements that are coming in future releases.  

 

3/8/22 

  • Finalized Communications & Training Committee membership  
  • Reviewed iPaaS use cases (demo on 3/18/22) 

 

1/11/22

  • Presenting to ITLT on 1/19 to share current status of the platform at U of I


12/14/21

  • Worked with System Offices Shared Services (formerly Organizational Effectiveness) group to take on Training & Communications scope for TDX platform. Draft charge being worked on.
    • Global Administrator Committee responsible for content and functional expertise
  • U of I generated TDX Enhancement Requests will be logged and made visible. Global Admin Committee charged with implementing.


11/30/21

  • Decision/Change Log for TDX to be documented and maintained in Answers KB. Three levels:
    • TDX Platform/Service -> Collaborative Board responsible
    • TDX Administration -> Global Admin Committee responsible
    • University-level Help Centers -> Respective central IT unit responsible

11/16/21

  • Decided TDX Project website should not transition to a long-term operational site.
    • Service Information -> Service Catalog entries
    • Operational Documentation -> Into KB
    • Support Documentation -> Into KB
    • Implementation Project Artifacts -> Into Box
  • Assigned task of creating TDX Change Control process to Global Administrator Committee.

11/2/21

  • Decided TDX Business Review meetings should be semiannual, to be attended by Collaborative Board
  • Decided TDX Product meetings should follow a ~2 weeks after each TDX version release, to be attended by Collaborative Board and Global Administrators Committee

10/19/21

  • Generated topics for TDX Business Review and TDX Product meetings

10/5/21

  • Defined minimum requirements for service catalog entries
    • About this Service
      • Service Description
      • Other Names (where applicable)
  • Getting/Using this Service
      • Eligibility
      • Cost
      • How to Access
      • How to Use (Links to Documentation/etc)
  • Support/Hours
      • Contact Point for support
      • Provided by (optional)
  • Approved exemption for Global Admin access for web dev needs

9/21/21

  • Defined Global Admin roles/responsibilities and charge for Global Administrator Committee
  • Agreed to limiting Global Administrator role access to 8 (2 from each university + system offices)
  • Formalized membership of Global Admin Committee

8/24/21

  • Approved removal of links.illinois.edu link tracking for TDX emails

7/11/21

  • Approved set of pending integration enhancement requests
  • Job Titles
  • College Affiliation for Students
  • Enhanced role distinctions (Faculty vs Staff, etc)

6/29/21

  • Decision to leverage the TDX platform to manage the platform (ticketing app to be set up to take in requests/incidents about the TDX platform for global admin scope)

 

Contact and Support




Keywords:tdx, team dynamix, administrator, collaboration board   Doc ID:115134
Owner:tdx c.Group:University of Illinois Technology Services
Created:2021-12-07 09:39 CDTUpdated:2023-09-19 14:27 CDT
Sites:UI Gies College of Business, University of Illinois System, University of Illinois Technology Services, University of Illinois Unified
Feedback:  0   0