Topics Map > Communication and Collaboration > Illinois Mobile App
Illinois App, Login problems and authentication loop
Troubleshooting steps for the Rokwire Illinois App.
For other issues, see Illinois App, Troubleshooting.
"Authentication initialization failed. Failed to initialize anonymous authentication token" error on startup.
Please clear the data and cache for the app in your phone settings and restart the app. If that is not successful, then uninstall and reinstall the app entirely.
- Open the Settings application on your device.
- Tap on the Apps menu.
- Choose Installed Applications.
- Find the Illinois app and tap it.
- Click on the Storage tab.
- Hit Clear Storage/Clear App Data.
- Tap and hold the Illinois app icon.
- Tap Remove App.
- Tap Delete App, then tap Delete to confirm.
- Power phone off and back on.
When I try to log in to the app, it takes me in a loop and asks me to log in again.
ANDROID ONLY: This issue can be caused by a pop-up blocker app that was installed on your phone at some time. Changing your default web browser back to Chrome might fix this issue.
Please try these steps:
- Go into Settings then Apps
- Tap on Chrome or Safari (or Firefox if you prefer)
- Tap "Set as Default".
More information on setting your default browser: Android
If you have any pop-up blocker apps, they should be uninstalled.
2-factor authentication issues on iOS
See MFA, Duo Prompt display issues related to iOS or macOS.