Topics Map > Printing and Software > WebStore
WebStore, Adobe Acrobat asking for serial - Common License activation error
A quick summary: This article provides customer information about the Adobe Acrobat serial error including links to detailed instructions on how to fix it.
- Adobe applications operate on desktop and mobile environments for Windows and Mac devices. Installation packages are available for 64 bit Windows and ARM processors, and Mac Intel and Silicon chips.
- All customers with a UI Enterprise Adobe subscription.
The Adobe Acrobat serial license error is a common error that happens when there is a stale login, a corrupted, outdated or perpetual license (with serial number) version of Acrobat or Creative Cloud Desktop installed. The UI Adobe Enterprise license is a continuous license model (subscription) that DOES NOT require a serial number.A user who is experiencing this issue should first perform the basic troubleshooting steps of updating all Adobe apps and completing a new Adobe Sign-in. Step-by-Step Instructions with photos are available here.If the issue persists, then please follow the instructions for the Advanced Troubleshooting Steps which are organized based on the type of computer permissions and other variables that are common for UI users.There is also a section specifically for IT Pros that are assisting users who don't have permissions to install apps on University computers.When you find the section that applies to you, look for the steps to download and run the AcroCleaner, an Acrobat Desktop Tools and Utilities program, and reinstall a clean version of Acrobat, as this works for the serial number error 99% of the time.IT IS IMPORTANT TO FOLLOW THE STEPS EXACTLY AND DO NOT SKIP A STEP or it will not work.
- For further questions or to confirm an active Adobe subscription, please contact the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Guide to Renewing the Adobe Enterprise License
- Guide to Adobe Enterprise Login and Product Installation
- Instructions for installing Adobe Acrobat DC
- FAQ Adobe Enterprise annual license for faculty, staff and students
- Adobe Creative Cloud University-Wide Access for Students
- Information on Adobe Enterprise Cloud Storage
- Adobe Creative Cloud- Troubleshooting issues with installations and licensing