Topics Map > Teaching and Learning > Illinois Compass 2G
Illinois Compass 2g, Instructors, Announcements, How to create an announcement
To create an announcement in Compass 2g, do the following:
How do I create an announcement in Compass 2g?
1. From the Control Panel under Course Tools, click Announcements.
2. From the action bar, click Create Announcement.
3. Provide a Subject and Message.
4. Set the Duration and Date Restrictions for time sensitive announcements.
5. Email Announcements: Check the box if you want your students to be emailed the announcement. Email will be immediately sent to their @illinois.edu email address.
6. There is an option to link to a course area, tool, or item within an Announcement.
7. Click Submit.
More information can be found at the online tutorial: https://answers.uillinois.edu/illinois/page.php?id=49790.